Why I Love From Lukov with Love

Photo by Anna Demianenko on Unsplash
Just recently one of my favorite authors, Mariana Zapata, released a new book, From Lukov with Love and she once again displays her awesomeness and shows us that she is the reigning Queen of Slow Burn Romance. You see, some books go for plenty of steamy sex scenes all throughout the book – and before you get into any violent reaction, let me be clear: There is NOTHING WRONG with that! I love reading about sexy stuff too *wink*. However, there is a certain charm to slow burn. Especially to a Mariana Zapata slow burn romance. The type that makes you grin like an idiot, swoon with just the words – and curses – exchanged by the characters, and dream about having their love story yours.


From Lukov with Love follows Jasmine, an ice skater and her journey to reaching her goals. The thing about the book is that it is not just the romance that’s beautiful. The way Jasmine works to fulfill her dreams is also amazing and truly inspiring. With that said, here are the reasons why I love From Lukov with Love.

Main Characters

This is one of the reasons why I never regret an MZ purchase. Her characters are superb! And From Lukov with Love is no exception. I just adore the main character, Jasmine. She has a strong personality. The type of woman who works hard like her life depends on it keeps her word and stands up for what she believes in. She curses a lot and has her flaws, but all that makes her one magnificent lady.

I also love Love LOVE Lukov! He’s a wonderful character: He starts off as a jerk, but eventually, you’ll swoon and wish with all your heart that he’s yours – I know I did! That’s the reason for the three “Love” words at the beginning of this paragraph.

Conversations

Worth reading again and again and again. The way they bicker verbally and non-verbally is hilarious! Like little kids you want to smack on the forehead for being so immature then have them hug and kiss each other because you know that underneath all that sass, the two of them care for one another (but are pretending that they don't). It's perfect *dreamy sigh*.

Family

Funny, supportive and absolutely lovable! Need I say more?

Ice Skating

Reading FLWL makes you want to watch pairs skating. I love watching figure skating, but I used to only watch singles – which means Kim Yuna when she was still competing. Post-FLWL, I started to search and bookmark youtube vids for pairs figure skating, all the while imagining Jasmine and Lukov on the rink.

The Story

I think I said it in the beginning. From Lukov with Love is beautiful, heartwarming, snot-coming-out-of-the-nose hilarious and definitely something every lover of contemporary romance should read. If you’re like me, who loves feel-good romances with an excellent story and wonderful characters you can relate to, then this one is for you. 

No comments